Reporting to the Sr. Director for Demand Generation, we’re looking for a passionate digital acquisition expert to focus on driving product awareness and growth for Fauna's product-led self-service business. You will be responsible for driving growth at the top of the funnel, and own the full range of responsibilities encompassing planning and coordinating the paid media strategy, and implementing and executing creative SEM and digital sponsorships that drive brand awareness, acquisition and adoption. In this role, you will work with internal stakeholders for identifying key phrases and terms to build awareness and volume around and manage the entire process from ideation, to execution and measurement.
To be successful you will need to have strong experience in paid acquisition, SEM/SEO, and digital media (Email Marketing is a plus) for product-led SaaS solutions, preferably in a developer tools/SaaS environment. You are experienced in creative use of diverse marketing techniques, and are data-driven in your approach. You enjoy ownership and accountability for your KPIs, are an efficient project manager and cross-functional collaborator, and take pride in delivering results in startup environments. You will optimize tactics to stick to budget goals, and test different scenarios to identify the optimal approach through an iterative process.
What you will do:
- Work closely with PMM/DemandGen to understand quarterly business priorities, messaging and device the optimal campaign mix to target the desired audience at the desired stage(s) of their journeys and develop a healthy flywheel for our product-led funnel.
- Formulate and implement paid media and SEM campaigns with the key tactics and identify the budget necessary to achieve goals including creative, message and content assets required to support campaigns.
- Lead collaboration with internal stakeholders and external resources to realize supporting assets and product support necessary to run the growth programs.
- Ensure that all campaigns maintain high quality, and meet brand messaging and creative guidelines.
- Continuously assess and report on the results of campaigns, optimize and implement improvements where necessary
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or communication.
- 7-8 years’ related job experience is strongly preferred.
- Critical thinking with strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional project management and communications skills are essential.
- Proven experience of achieving growth in early stage product-led environments.
- Understanding of the current developer-centric marketing trends, strategies and tools.
- Strong experience in SEM/SEO, Paid Media, & Digital Sponsorships.
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe we embrace a remote first culture and offer employees the flexibility of work locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with an exceptional compensation, equity package, and benefits package.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles
. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or anytime in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.
You can be located anywhere in the US in this remote role.
Come help drive awareness for Fauna!
Fauna is the data API for modern applications. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of GraphQL. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.