We’re seeking an entrepreneurial credit risk data scientist to help us build our next credit products.
As Cleo coaches customers to improve their financial health over time, our Cleo+ subscription is helping them access the best products to take action and meet their financial goals. From strong initial growth in its first year, we’re now expanding the Cleo+ financial product set, with a focus on consumer credit products that help users get to the next stage of financial health, while saving them money.
As we launch new credit products for our Cleo+ subscription service, this role will report into Chief Credit Officer and will be key in developing and implementing our credit underwriting models and setting up a robust credit risk management process . We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual who has a strong background in consumer lending and machine learning, is hands-on and is willing to roll-up the sleeves and work in a challenging and fast paced startup environment.
- Use machine learning to build credit underwriting models leveraging alternative and traditional data sources
- Devise new features using Cleo’s proprietary dataset, bank transaction data and credit bureau data to improve model accuracy
- Develop deep learning based fraud scoring systems
- Develop machine learning based models to segment consumers based on their behavior and propensity to take various credit products offered by Cleo
- Recommend optimal segmentation strategy to build different models for different consumer segments
- Use advanced machine learning algorithms including Random Forest, XG-Boost, LightGBM, LSTM, MLP, K-Means Clustering, Naïve Bayes and others to recommend the best model for each problem statement
- Set up the testing infrastructure to run A/B tests of different underwriting models and credit strategies
- 5+ years in the consumer credit risk management
- Hands on experience in building credit and fraud underwriting models and feature engineering
- Advanced knowledge of data science and statistical modeling tools (SQL, Python etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of state of the art machine learning techniques
- Product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for customer value
- Ability to strategize against competing priorities and identify what’s important to solve
- Ability to work collaboratively across various functions
- Self-directed with a knack for creative problem-solving
- Analytical and metrics driven approach to create substantiated solutions
- Adaptability in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Superb organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- An ethical backbone. Cleo’s got a bite, you should have one too.
What do you get for all your hard work?
- An above market compensation package. Base, equity, healthcare and 401K. We're prepared to pay for the very best.
- Work at one of the fastest growing tech startups anywhere in the world who are backed by top VC firm, Balderton
- The team is exceptional. You'll get to work with brilliantly forward-thinking and dedicated individuals every day
- Our mission is standout. We want to radically improve everyone’s relationship with money. We're not maximising the time consumers spend in a feed, getting fast food delivered, or building an incrementally better bank. We're changing an industry in a visceral way, which you get to see every day in our customer feedback.
Looking to do some work that matters?
We get it – it’s why most people come to Cleo. Together we’re fighting for the world’s financial health, building an AI that helps you make the best money decisions from day one. We’ve helped 4 million people so far with personalised insights and a voice you don’t expect in FinTech. But it’s time to do more.
As we enter the next phase, we’re looking for more improvisers, data geeks and grown ups who want to own their work and create meaningful change.Watch this to dive a little deeper
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.