Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Engineering Manger Jobs
Software Engineering Manager - (Jack Henry & Associate)
Jack Henry & Associate Full Time Software Engineering Manger Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Description & Requirements
Treasury Management is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Treasury Management leverages bleeding edge technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We have a first-class API; the same API our web and mobile apps use is the same API that is open to the community to build on top of and extend.
As a Software Engineering Manager with Jack Henry & Associate’s Treasury Management Team, you care as much about the overall production of the team as you do their shared culture and well-being. You strive to set the team up for success by helping them overcome potential obstacles and communicate their needs to the appropriate channels. You’ll work with the team to identify their strengths and weaknesses and enable processes to support their unique working style without compromising their efficiency (a little rudder far from the rocks). Treasury Management values trust and those with a bias towards action, and as a manager you’ll work to instill these beliefs within your team. We have a remote-first culture that challenges you each day and supports your growth. We are confident you will love it here.
What you and your team are working on
The Senior Engineering Manager is responsible for balancing the team’s work between cross-functional strategic projects. You will support and develop the engineers on your team by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities, as well as propose and drive processes to facilitate and promote communication, transparency, and trust. Together with the team, you will support delivery by providing estimations, context, and clarity to ensure the team delivers the agreed work with quality and excellence.
The Services Team provides APIs and web servers for a suite of single page applications. Our APIs are first-class in nature and are consumed by both our internal teams, as well as teams outside of Treasury Management. The engineers on your team are constantly keeping our apps up to date with the newest development and deployment practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
About the Treasury Management team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. We place high value on continuing education and contribution to, and use of, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want within the US. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack, and contribute to products that are used by millions of people.
This position will be hired in Charlotte, NC, Lenexa, KS or Remotely.
- Minimum 10 years of C# programming experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading/managing a team of software engineers.
- Minimum 2 years of programming experience with SQL Server in a production environment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed remote teams.
- Experience working on a team with a CI/CD process.
- Familiarity using collaboration tools like Azure DevOps to communicate and plan team’s work.
- Experience working with multiple teams and stakeholders to establish roadmap prioritization.
- Successfully lead definition, development, and delivery of a large cross-team project with broad scope and high-value business implications.
- Ability to identify and utilize each individual team members strengths, benefiting the greater organization.
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements.
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions.
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements. Oversees the preparation of design specifications, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards.
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved.
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential.
- Oversees application administration activities.
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization.
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes.
- Coordinates work and services with other IS departments, contract service providers, and vendors.
- Provides consistent leadership to everyone; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns.
- May serve on Product Review Committees, Technology Review Committees and/or other committees, as required.
- May manage vendor relationships.
- May oversee activities relating to website development and management such as the development of websites and applications, ensuring functionality of websites and internet connectivity and building software applications to provide the technical architecture of the site, user interfaces, and back-end database.
- May serve as an expert on software architecture and programming principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply .Apply for this job