Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
With technical and leadership expertise, you manage engineers across multiple teams and locations, a large product budget and oversee the deployment of large-scale projects across multiple sites internationally.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers focused on improving developer velocity, scalability, and testability of Google’s diverse project areas and platforms.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product lifecycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Create the next generation developer tooling and infrastructure for Google, focusing on productivity, testing, and release.
- Define the team strategy and roadmap for the adoption of developer tools and test infrastructure for products.
- Collaborate with leadership and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field (e.g., Software Engineer, Data Science), or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of industry experience as a developer or Tech Manager.
- 3 years of experience in technical leadership and people management.
- Experience developing automated internal frameworks, coding, code health, and building developer tools.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in search optimization, ranking, and applied Machine Learning.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil; Belo Horizonte, State of Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Remote location(s): Brazil.