Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Engineer Jobs
Software Engineer, Trading Technology - (Kraken)
Kraken Full Time Software Engineer
Remote Job Description
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
By joining Kraken, you’ll work on the bleeding edge of bitcoin and other digital currencies, and play an important role in helping shape the future of how the world sees and uses money. At Kraken, we constantly push ourselves to think differently and forge new paths in a rapidly growing industry fraught with unexplored territory, which is why Kraken has grown to be among the largest and most successful bitcoin exchanges in the world. If you’re truly interested in pushing the envelope by disrupting an industry that some say cannot be disrupted, then we just might have the job meant for you. Kraken is a place for dreamers and doers - to succeed here, we firmly believe you must possess each in spades. Check out all of our job postings here https://jobs.lever.co/kraken.
- Develop and maintain core framework and key software components for the Kraken trading engine
- Build and design solutions that mitigate risk, implement security, and protect both systems and data
- Improve site performance by designing and implementing low-latency and high-availability applications
- Construct dynamically scaleable platforms capable of heavy transaction volume
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and contribute to product roadmap accomplishments
- Prior experience in at least one of the following using Linux - distributed and/or highly-concurrent systems; low-latency and/or high-volume transaction environments
- 3+ years experience working with C++
- High level of proficiency in Python, Java, and SQL strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced order types, trading systems, and financial products
- Experience engineering for cloud systems (AWS, Google and/or Microsoft)
- Cryptocurrency/Blockchain familiarity highly preferable
- Proactive mindset with the ability to both prioritize tasks and adhere to aggressive deadlines
- Work collaboratively on a distributed team leveraging soft skills to effectively communicate and engage with stakeholders
- BS in a technical or quantitative field
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://jobs.lever.co/kraken. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us:Apply for this job