We’re making HTTPS easier for developers to use, we’re doing it at scale, and we need your help. We’re a first-of-our-kind Certificate Authority (CA). We make certificates available to anyone, for free, and we offer an API to do it. This means more people can enable HTTPS on their websites, with less work. That protects everyone’s web traffic from snoops, and makes us all safer.
We’re looking for an additional software engineer for our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. Maybe that’s you! Here's what our SRE team does:
- We maintain and evolve both the logical and the physical operational infrastructure for the Let’s Encrypt certificate authority.
- We develop software that improves automation and security in our infrastructure.
- We help design policies and procedures for both the certificate authority and the organization.
- We participate in an on call rotation. We value protecting our teammates from burnout and accommodate people's schedules as needed.
- We are committed to improving ourselves and the services we provide. We teach each other and learn from our mistakes, often through blameless post-mortems.
- We help run a community forum that helps developers and end users fix their problems, and moderate comments to ensure everything stays on-track. We are happy to say ours is the friendliest and most supportive HTTPS-related forum around.
- We contribute to open source projects we depend on.
- We help research potential new projects that ISRG may operate in addition to the Let's Encrypt certificate authority.
Here's what we'd like you to bring to the team:
- Two years experience programming in a compiled language.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to take time to think things through and do them the right way.
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Excellent communication, organization, and prioritization skills.
Here are some things we'll help you learn on the job if you don't know them already:
- Our primary programming languages: Go, Rust, and Python.
- Systems and network administration. For example, learning to manage firewalls and routers, work with automation tools like SaltStack, and manage virtual machines on both physical and cloud infrastructure.
- Domain-specific knowledge: PKI and some cryptography.
Location and Benefits
Our team has always been entirely remote (U.S. and Canada) and our processes and infrastructure are built around that. We will help you get your home office in good shape, including reimbursing internet and phone expenses. Other benefits include excellent health insurance, a 100% match for 401k contributions, and flexible time off and parental leave policies.
ISRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive workplace for everyone.