Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, and feature films across various genres and languages. Members can watch or play as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Games are our next big frontier and an incredible opportunity for us to deliver new experiences to delight and entertain our quickly growing membership. At Netflix, we use personalization to recommend great titles and games to our users.
The Personalization Application Core team focuses on building high leverage systems and components to drive innovation in the personalization space. Our team is responsible for developing all the building blocks required to run ML models at scale. Some of those building blocks include a configuration-driven ranking platform that provides “ranking as a service”, a common feature computation and store, a common compute framework with an event pub/sub ecosystem that can be leveraged by all our personalization algorithms, and many more.
Given that this is a central focus for our business, you will play a highly cross-functional role partnering with other engineers, product management, machine learning, and data teams to take Netflix’s personalization to the next level and expand it to games discovery.
If you have a passion for building scalable, robust systems; are interested in pushing the envelope in applying discovery and recommendation algorithms; operate in a critical part of the stack that strongly influences what our customers see on their screens; love working with the latest technologies in a fast-paced, agile environment; and are excited at the prospect of having a significant impact on software that over 200 million people use and love, then we want to talk to you.
You may enjoy working with us if:
- You strive to embrace best practices and are curious about discovering new and better ways to solve problems.
- You are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions while learning from and collaborating with Stunning Colleagues.
- You are strongly motivated to pick up new domains and ship high quality, well-tested code.
- You are excited to work in a multidisciplinary environment (engineering, algorithms, data engineering/science, product experimentation).
- You are comfortable working in a majority-remote team with partners distributed across (US) geographies & time zones.
We would love to work with you if:
- You are adept at building applications with an Object Oriented programming language. We work with Java primarily, so an interest in learning and coding in Java is desirable.
- You excel in developing microservice based distributed systems with high availability, throughput, fault tolerance and performance.
- You are experienced working with the public cloud like AWS, Azure or GCP.
- You have excellent communication skills