Please note: this job posting is not for immediate hire but rather an opportunity to submit an application for future consideration. Also, this is not a remote opportunity. (Location: San Francisco, San Jose)
Twitter serves the public conversation by encouraging people all over the world to connect, learn, debate, and solve problems together. We believe conversation is a force for good and can change the world, and it is what keeps us here.
- Plan and deliver features or small projects;
- Design and build tools, infrastructure, and frameworks to support the diverse needs;
- Require minimal instruction in day-to-day tasks, and receive guidance on new work;
- Use good judgment to effectively resolve routine and non-routine issues;
- Collaborate across a variety of teams;
- Develop our team through mentorship and knowledge sharing.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in software engineering;
- Strong computer science fundamentals in Data Structures and Algorithms;
- Experience designing, developing, operating, and debugging distributed systems;
- Working knowledge of software engineering best practices, including agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Passionate about tackling real engineering challenges and solving hard problems.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other status or characteristic protected by, state, or local laws.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter provides reasonable accommodations during the recruitment and hiring process upon request. Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially. To request an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The expected salary range for this role to be performed in San Francisco and San Jose is USD $142,000 - USD $200,000. Starting pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for participation in Twitter’s Performance Bonus Plan and Equity Incentive Plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies.
Twitter offers a wide range of benefits to U.S.-based employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) program with employer match, generous time off for vacation, sick time, and parental leave. Twitter’s benefits prioritize employee wellness and progressive support to our diverse workforce.