Your responsibilities include:
- Owning and improving the scalability and reliability of our databases, caching, and messaging infrastructure.
- Designing, coding, configuring, debugging, and monitoring.
- Evolve our Kafka ecosystem into an easier-to-use, reliable and robust pub-sub infrastructure.
- Working with customers to provide easy-to-use client abstractions for our messaging and database systems.
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
About the Team
The mission of the Database and Messaging team is to build and operate online stateful systems that are reliable, scalable, and easy to use for the rest of DoorDash engineering. The team is responsible for understanding the product engineering’s evolving requirements and evaluating and productionizing the technologies that would serve the company effectively in the long run. The team currently supports Amazon Aurora, Cassandra, CockroachDB, Kafka, and ElastiCache.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 6+ years experience in a role building reliable, scalable, highly available distributed systems.
- You have hands-on experience and expertise with large scale database or message queuing systems (Ex: Kafka, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, CockroachDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc)
- You love systems and software and are competent in both engineering competencies.
- You have experience with incident response, disaster recovery, and are interested in making systems highly available.
- You are good at collaborating and communicating with the team as well as customers.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.