Come help us build the world's most reliable, on-demand logistics engine for last mile delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
We’re looking to enhance and scale our Kubernetes platform, create cloud native projects and improve site reliability and developer productivity.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Maintain and scale our Kubernetes infrastructure on AWS.
- Make our Kubernetes platform reliable.
- Build tools for to support engineering and operations teams.
- You are not just operate kubernetes, but also build tools and contribute to the open source ecosystem.
- Partner with development teams to ensure applications are scalable, reliable, and secure.
- participate in our on-call rotation, responsible for Kubernetes clusters’ uptime.
- You will roll up the sleeves to troubleshoot incidents.
We’re excited about you because…
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years experience on developing and deploying cloud and on-prem infrastructures.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and networking.
- Experience on deploying Kubernetes on cloud and on-prem infrastructures.
- Experience on monitoring Cloud Native ecosystem using tools like Prometheus and Grafana
- Knowledge in distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing and scalability.
- Experience programming in Go or C.
Nice To Haves
- Experience with large-scale Kubernetes deployments and development (e.g kops, kubeadm, minikube, kubicorn).
- Contributor to open source projects
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.