On the Acquisition UI Experimentation team, we’re passionate about the intersection of our business as the world’s leading streaming video company and the complex engineering challenges that come with that scale. Our Android platform, in particular, is one of our fastest growing areas internationally, with how people sign up, identify themselves and their devices, and stay engaged all being areas of innovation.
Our Android app is shipped to tens of millions of users around the world, where the visible product experiences we create on this team are often how people are first introduced to Netflix. From large-scale A/B tests, foundational client infrastructure, and sophisticated testing and automation, engineers on our team drive highly impactful projects that convince those people to join and stay with our service.
People who excel on our team are growth-oriented, curious, and selfless. We are part of a global, diverse organization that values inclusion and equity. We encourage anyone who is passionate about building compelling mobile experiences that touch audiences around the world to apply.
About the role
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers to build delightful, performant, and accessible user experiences.
- Contribute to product features and A/B tests by using Android Architecture Components in an MVVM architecture, built with Kotlin.
- Develop highly maintainable Android client code with effective documentation.
- Write automated tests with Roboelectric and Espresso, from unit tests to full end-to-end UI automation, to deliver high quality code.
- Keep an eye out on the latest Android developments such as Jetpack Compose and new APIs available each year, and how we can use them to improve our user experience flows over time.
What sets you apart?
- Curious about a broad range of new or unfamiliar technologies, our consumer base, and the product and business challenges that we face.
- Always seeking different perspectives, feedback, and relevant information to continuously grow and improve.
- Taking a thoughtful, practical approach to problem-solving that considers tradeoffs and avoids over-engineering.
- Comfortable asking questions and seeking knowledge in unfamiliar or ambiguous situations.
- Endeavors to elevate the knowledge, skills, and abilities of yourself and others that is conducive to fostering an inclusive, collaborative environment.
What’s different about us?
- Acquisition UI is a team that celebrates and values the business impact we have on Netflix, and not just the engineering contributions we make. If you have a strong product mindset that loves knowing how your work directly impacts our customer growth and revenue, this is the team for you.
- We move fast and iterate quickly - we take ideas from concept to reality in a matter of weeks, not quarters. Expect a broader range of projects compared to other teams.
- Inclusivity is something we embrace - diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and styles are something we’re proud of. You can be your authentic self on this team, as we look for culture adds, not culture fits
Take a peek at your future colleagues
Clarence is an Engineering Manager within Acquisition UI, leading the Experimentation team, and previously was an Android engineer on the team. Beyond his passion for wilderness backpacking, he cares deeply about Netflix’s user accessibility, from content to each product feature the team builds.
Christopher is a Staff Software Engineer on the AUI Production Engineering team, focusing on the Android and iOS platforms. He loves pushing the boundaries on what’s possible on the mobile platforms, while striving for clean, testable, but still fun code.
Anna is a Senior Software Engineer on the Acquisition UI Experimentation team. When she’s not out snowboarding you can find her creating reusable components and utilities for her fellow developers, or driving A/B tests to discover the best experiences for each unique Netflix market.
Rohit is a remote Senior UI Engineer on the Experimentation team within Acquisition UI. He's passionate about creating exceptional user experiences on the Web to accelerate key growth initiatives at Netflix.