Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Developer Jobs
Software Developer, Intermediate - (Ellumen, Inc.)
Ellumen, Inc. Full Time Software Developer Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Ellumen, named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post, is a small business headquartered in Silver Spring, MD. We provide a broad spectrum of information technology and ancillary services to government and commercial customers primarily within the healthcare delivery domain. We seek a Software Developer – Intermediate.
The Software Developer will provide services as part of an Agile team in support of digital transformation through rapid development of proof of concepts, integration of emerging technologies into mission applications and supporting modernized, cloud-based, applications in production for the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Office of Information and Technology (OIT), which will include the continued development of CBP systems using Agile methodologies, support for the deployment of selected features and business capabilities prioritized by CBP operational and support offices (e.g. Office of Field Operations, Office of Border Patrol, Office of Air and Marine Operations, Enterprise Services, Operations Support) within agreed upon schedule timeframes, providing the enhancement, development, deployment sustainment of applications supporting IT modernization and using emerging technologies (existing or newly developed) using Agile methodologies.
CBP’s Digital Transformation will involve assessing and evaluating the use of various emerging technologies for fit and feasibility in supporting CBP’s continually evolving mission. Starting from the Agile Roadmap and high priority backlog items, determine where these initiatives fall along the innovation/experimentation spectrum, and the customer’s desired outcomes, building an Innovation Factory that provides a repeatable framework CBP for assessing, evaluating, and implementing new ideas and technologies to meet CBP’s needs and augments traditional Agile frameworks with steps for more exploratory and experimental activities such as research, ideation, and proofs of concept.
- Provide application development of transformational applications for CBP operational and support offices, and application development in support of IT modernization and integration of emerging technologies into CBP IT enterprise
- Develop and deploy applications on the CBP cloud DevOps pipeline to fully automate application code delivery
- Employ software development practices to increase confidence, functionality, and security of application code, including but not limited to following practices:
- Design and code inspections
- Code coverage for automated testing
- Verifying code against CWE, CVE, OWASP to identify and remedy code vulnerabilities
- Automating integration tests
- Automating functional tests
- Automating regression tests
- Resolve issues identified during penetration/security testing
- Application Prototyping
- 5+ years of software development experience working with multiple programming languages, frameworks and platforms, Agile software development methodologies, planning and implementing system rollout.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, information technology (IT), or a related discipline
- Advanced analytical, design and problem-solving skills at multi-product/multi-environment level to troubleshoot system defects and mitigate the issues they cause.
- Expert skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation. Understanding and awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express and document complex technical concepts in business terms. Person must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with technical staff, non-technical staff, end-users for requirements gathering, testing, training, and outcome validation. Good English-language skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional project team environment.
- Expert understanding of concepts of project planning and project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or group initiatives.
Application development support including mobile applications, integration of cognitive services (e.g. translation, chat bots, etc.) into existing and new apps, use of machine learning and artificial intelligence, data analytics, integration of devices through Internet of Things (IoT) gateway, integration of biometrics into new and existing applications, blockchain, and other CBP capabilities as needed and cross-functional support for the Agile Teams (e.g., automated testing and continuous integration, continuous delivery) in the following:
- Mobile Development – Flutter, Java Android,
- Web Development – React, AngularJS, Angular, Flutter-web
- Windows App Development – Ionic/Cordova, .NET/C
- Containerization – docker
- Container Management – DCOS, Kubernetes
- Build pipeline (Web/Backend) – Jenkins
- Build pipeline (Mobile) – N/A
- Security Scanning – Aquasec
- Code Scanning - SonarQube
- Database – Oracle, Postgres
- API – Rest, Websocket, gRPC
- AR Development – C#/Unity, MagicLeap
- Chatbot development – Rasa / RasaX
- AI Development – FastAI, Tensorflow/Tensorflow-Lite, Jupyter notebook
- Services – Google Cloud Enterprise Services, Regula, FaceTec, Amazon Cloud Services
- IoT – Python on Raspberry PIs"
Apply for this job