Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Developer Jobs
Software Developer - (HostDime)
Host Dime Full Time Software Developer Remote-US
Remote Job Description
- Work through employee and management feature requests and bugs to implement features and resolve issues on various projects.
- Determining functional and non-functional requirements for new software, applications, modules, and integration/automation of extant systems.
- Managing risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with software products.
- Identifying opportunities to refactor code to improve code quality and consistency.
- Programming of applications in collaboration with other development team members.
- Conducting code reviews for fellow developers and providing technical guidance and coaching when needed.
- Analyzing application databases to ensure efficient design while creating optimizations to improve performance and usability.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for software.
- Maintaining the department roadmap in collaboration with scrum master and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in coding best practices and design patterns.
- Deep knowledge of PHP and other languages with an object-oriented paradigm.
- Deep knowledge of Relational Databases using SQL as well as an ORM e.g., Propel or Eloquent.
- Deep knowledge of API design and implementation, particularly REST.
- Experience with writing and editing technical documentation.
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS frontend development, UI/UX considerations.
- Familiarity with unit tests and integration tests using various tools e.g., PHPUnit and Codeception.
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks, preferably Laravel and/or Zend.
- Familiarity with Docker and/or other Containerization Implementations.
- Understanding of source control and build tools e.g., Git, Gitlab, Gitlab CI, etc.
- Exceptional collaboration and English communication skills: verbal and written
- Must be capable of working off-hours/on-call as required.
- Experience developing for Linux/Unix environments and/or mobile platforms.
- Experience designing common business applications: e-commerce, accounting, scheduling, HR, etc.
- Familiarity with data security specifications e.g., PCI, SOC, ISO, GDPR, etc.
- Familiarity with NoSQL Database systems e.g., MongoDB.
- Experience working on an agile development team.