As a Social Media Manager at Skillshare, you’ll be the champion of our organic social, developing and implementing a bold, thoughtful, and world-class strategy across all of our existing channels (and advocating for and growing our presence on new ones). You’ll create compelling work for high traffic channels, and learn and grow alongside a creative and driven team. Reporting to the Content Marketing Lead, you’ll also work closely with the Brand Marketing, Creative, and Growth teams to contribute to the paid social strategy in alignment with integrated marketing campaign objectives.
What you'll do:
- Own the organic social media strategy and planning for Skillshare.
- Maintain a master calendar of tentpole moments, class and feature launches, and other relevant events and announcements.
- Partner with Brand, Growth Marketing, and Original programming to ensure impactful messaging across all launches on our social channels.
- Mentor a small team that manages execution on channels, as well as social listening and community management.
- Create, maintain, and evolve processes and systems to ensure that we are effectively messaging across platforms, and achieving KPIs.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You bring 4-5 years of experience owning and developing social strategies for growing and established brands, either in-house or at an agency (bonus points for D2C or SaaS startup experience).
- You have a pulse on the most up-to-date social trends and the shifting cultural landscape.
- You understand what content hits on what platform, have experience with community management, and feel energized by testing, growing, and evolving our social presence.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a team while leading a smart, impactful strategy.
- You possess a natural love for storytelling, particularly in the short form.
- You excel at social media analytics and have experience working towards metrics-driven goals.
- You have a deep understanding of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Pinterest and are excited for the next big thing in social.
- You possess exceptional time and project management skills.
- You’re comfortable with a range of tools such as Google Drive, Airtable, Sprout, and Buffer (preferred).
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Your work will make a deep impact for the brand by defining how Skillshare’s voice shows up in culture and conversation and furthering our mission of exploring creativity wherever we are.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC
, and Forbes
, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace
, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly
. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation
, and inclusive work environment for all.