Fastly’s Edge Cloud Network is not your average CDN, so Fastly’s Customer Security Operations Center can’t be an average SOC. We’re building a lean and empowered team to address our customer’s security needs with a blend of top talent, efficient processes, and best of breed technology. We want the work we do to be meaningful in providing great protection for the customer, not just ticking a box.
As a new and rapidly growing team within Fastly, Senior Engineers can help to shape the CSOC into the kind of Security Operations Center we’ve all dreamed of working in. We’re leveraging Signal Sciences WAF technology and Fastly’s incredible network to raise the bar on performance, reliability, security, and customer service. Our teams are empowered to build tooling and processes that make operational support tasks easier and scalable.
Leveraging our growing security product suite, SOC Analyst contribute to real world security insights to Fastly and our customers as we address Internet-scale threats. SOC Analyst function as the primary escalation point for SOC Analysts in a globally distributed team. A core responsibility and key performance metric for this role will be the effective training and mentoring of our SOC analysts, reducing escalations to the Senior level so you can focus on process improvements, data analysis, and security tooling to continue advancing our products, services, and capabilities.
The CSOC team works with our internal platform security and security research, engineering and development teams as well operations and customer organizations internally to deliver support solutions for security threats faced on the Internet today.
What You'll Do
This senior role within the Fastly Customer Security Operations Center (CSOC) will be responsible for monitoring and analyzing customer activity, with added emphasis on security functions, like identifying account-takeover, Bot Attack mitigation, and WAF administration. Much of the focus will be on security and attacks at the application layer working with different web technologies. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most scalable distributed systems that handle around 10 million requests per second, as well as the world-class engineers who developed these systems.
In this position, security engineers will be responsible for the following duties:
- Be an expert in ensuring security for customers, providing an outstanding response to security issues
- Provide deep application-security experience on escalated cases from customers & automated systems
- Carry out continuous-improvement work & research to drive our customer security products & operations to be the best they can be
- Contribute to the processes and policies that scale our organization as we grow
- Manage requirements gathering and development of Security Monitoring Systems and troubleshooting tools
- Provide guidance, mentoring, and training for new Security and Customer Support Engineers
- Create & review reporting to customers on security services
- Create & manage security content for customer environments
What We're Looking For
- Experience with some or all the following foundational technologies: SaaS/Cloud or hybrid cloud deployments; Apache/NGINX/IIS or other web server platforms and associated Application server technologies and frameworks
- Scripting ability with any of the following: Python, Java, Go, Rust, PHP, Unix/Linux Shell, C#, or other common Web languages
- Strong infosec background with strong knowledge & practical skills in Application Security
- Experience in an IT or security technical support, operations, or research role
- Unix/Linux or Windows System Administration
- Ability to work with limited supervision but be a good mentor on security knowledge to the greater team
- Fluent spoken & written English required, tailoring depth to fit varying audiences
- Ability and experience in troubleshooting software products
- Focused on delivering exceptional customer experiences
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Strong knowledge of core internet-technologies like DNS, HTTP & TLS and how to debug with common tools
- Experience with Data Analytics around spotting threats in customer’s environments
- Monitoring tools (Grafana, Prometheus, Looker or others)
- Security Detection & Response (Log pipelines / SIEM / etc)
- Cloud ecosystem knowledge & experience (GCP or similar)
- Business speaking and writing proficiency in other languages preferred
- Docker or Kubernetes experience
- Systems Config Management. Ways to make it easier to deploy our software into customer environments is very helpful
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.