Do you want to work on a high-volume server-side pipeline that processes hundreds of workflow automation per second? Do you like Golang and other modern tools?
If so, we'd like you to learn about Files.com!
We are looking for Golang experts with strong backgrounds in data structures, algorithms, and scaling to join our team and help us build features into our already great app.
Location: Work From Your Home on a Remote-First Team at a Hybrid Remote Company.
Read on to learn more!
World Class Pay and Benefits
Earn a "Bay Area" Salary from Anywhere. Our pay is competitive with the top software companies in the world, with a generous base salary plus equity compensation.
Big Company Benefits: You'll get full 🏥 Health/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage (plus 75% of Spouse/Family coverage too), 💰 401(k) with generous matching, 🎄 11 Company Holidays per year, and 🏖 20 PTO/Vacation days.
Brand New Laptop and $1,000: Upon signing, we'll send you a brand new 💻 Apple laptop as well as $1,000 to outfit the rest of your home office with things like a monitor, webcam, keyboard, and mouse.
Tight-Knit Fun-Loving Team: You will be joining a fun-loving team that works together very closely, despite the remote work environment.
100% Remote Opportunity
The Files.com Engineering team is 100% remote. However, we travel for regular in-person meetings with the team and the entire company to meet and work together face to face. These meetings are in cities around the US, including Scottsdale, Austin, Orlando, New Orleans, San Diego, Las Vegas, and New York City.
In-person events combine work and fun and are designed to make up for the in-person interaction that occurs in an office job.
We are very excited that COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we have fully resumed company travel. 🎉
About the Role
As a Serverside Developer at Files.com, you will take the lead on helping build cutting edge features into the Files.com product that drive value for the 6,000 business that use our platform for collaboration.
Our API receives hundreds of requests per second and is used by both internal and external developers.
Here are some examples of projects that our Serverside Developers have recently completed:
- Building a scalable engine that can convert nearly any type of files to PDF for in-browser previews (like the former Crocodoc service).
- Building our Universal Sync engine, which is a tool that allows Files.com users to synchronize their files to other cloud services such as S3, Azure, and Rackspace.
- Upgrading our API documentation to be automatically generated using the OpenAPI standard, and the creation of automatically-generated SDKs.
And here are some examples of projects that our Serverside Developers will be tackling in the next 6-12 months:
- Implementing in-file search using Elasticsearch with custom input filters to index a plethora of document types.
- Building a file versioning tool that uses Git behind the scenes to give customers easy tracking of file versions.
Additionally, you'll contribute to our ongoing projects for improving security, monitoring, and performance.