BetterUp is looking for a data-driven storyteller who is passionate about building awareness for mental fitness, professional development, and the employee experience.
BetterUp is a coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Airbnb, Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday.
As a senior writer, you’ll be responsible for driving awareness of BetterUp through storytelling, education, and inspiration, and you’ll play a key role in developing our voice and point of view.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing an editorial calendar that aligns with our quarterly objectives and highlights the unique POV of BetterUp.
- Finding ways to tell our story from BetterUp member data as well as additional research sources, including BetterUp Labs.
- Supporting our executive leadership team in writing, editing, and storytelling. This would mainly be for op-eds, but could include decks and other content.
- Communicating and aligning with other teams in marketing, product, and sales to uncover the concerns and challenges facing talent and HR leaders.
- Writing, editing, and managing the production of blog posts, webinars, long-form reports, and other content types.
- Partnering with marketing team members on developing compelling content and storylines that support product launches and announcements.
- Reporting on the impact of results of content.
What we’re looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about storytelling, especially in helping drive awareness of mental health and professional development programs.
- Has a clear and emotive writing style, with strong editing experience.
- Brings a strong perspective on marketing content to build community and engagement.
- Has experience in working with senior executives to uncover unique insights and build strategic communications plans.
- Is well-versed in topics such as HR, culture, leadership and management, diversity and inclusion, and well-being.
- Identifies trends and issues for executives to comment on and uses this to strengthen our position in the market.
- Is able to come up with creative ways for content to solve business challenges.
- Obsesses over the details -- from editing to project management.
- Can manage multiple projects at once and excel in a highly cross-functional role.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.