Senior Validation Security Consultant
- Full Time
- Cyber Security
Remote Job Description
In this technical role, you will be responsible for supporting customers by utilizing Mandiant (now part of Google Cloud) Security Validation (MSV), deployment of the platform, and long-term operational use of the solution. You will be working in large-scale and fast moving operational environments focusing on cyber defense.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $128,000-$192,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Development of deployment, integration, and validation assessment engagements.
- Manage the design and architect stage of Mandiant Security Validation deployments.
- Enable customers on Mandiant Security Validation Security Instrumentation Platform through the sharing of best practices and communicating lessons learned.
- Provide product expertise and guidance to customers on the use of Mandiant Security Validation Security Instrumentation Platform (SIP) for improving their ability to detect, block, alert, and respond to cyber security threats.
- Help establish the global government team by supporting clients and collaborating with the customer success organization on the Mandiant Security Validation product line.
- Certification in DoD 8570.01 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II.
- 7 years of experience in information security and engineering.
- 2 years of experience with Networking (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.), Security Incident, and Event Management (SIEM) alert/rule correlation.
- US Government Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) security clearance.
- 2 years of experience with red team, purple team, blue team, or Security Operations Center experience.
- Experience with Programming language and scripting knowledge.
- Understanding of cyber security at a technical level across each of the 7 layers of the OSI Model.
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as required.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Reston, VA, USA.
Remote location(s): Maryland, USA; District of Columbia, USA; Virginia, USA.