At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX Engineers are versatile and passionate about taking on new problems to push technology forward. They’re comfortable wearing many hats and get excited about working across discipline lines to develop products used by millions of people every day.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a UX Engineer, you'll work on the front end of our products in a challenging, fast-paced environment, helping to bridge UX best practices and production execution. You’ll demonstrate your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user facing technologies to enable efficient, high quality execution and communications and launch innovative features to a global audience.
As a UX Engineer, you will work closely with your product, engineering, and designer counterparts to iterate on new product ideas, producing mockups and prototypes to visualize what the experience could look like. You will help drive product and design thinking using code, technical demonstrations, and prototypes from ideation phase through to execution.
In Google Search, we're reimagining what it means to search for information – any way and anywhere. To do that, we need to solve complex engineering challenges and expand our infrastructure, while maintaining a universally accessible and useful experience that people around the world rely on. In joining the Search team, you'll have an opportunity to make an impact on billions of people globally.
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest front-end mobile and web technologies.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting time-sensitive deadlines.
- Assist front-end engineers with final development of Google products.
- Manage your own time, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
- Experience in development or prototyping.
- Experience with Java database programming.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and to contribute as part of a larger team.
- Excellent leadership, communication, project management, and organizational skills.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: London, UK.
Remote location(s): United Kingdom.