As a Senior UI Engineer, you’ll be a key part of the Data Interfaces team, which helps our customers see real-world usage and draw valuable insights from the large amount of real-time and historical data within the Fastly platform. Using data transformation and visualization, you’ll work on a collaborative, multi-functional team including Product, API developers, and other UI developers to deliver usable, maintainable, and accessible user interfaces. We are open to engineers across experience levels and backgrounds, and we encourage senior, staff, or even principal-level engineers to apply.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Managers, designers, and customers to develop UI experiences that are used at scale
- Build tested, maintainable, and usable UI components in our growing UI component library
- Collaborate with backend engineers and systems (we use Go), including participating in code reviews
- Build a solid architectural foundation for a growing line of data products
- Mentor peers and guide UI architecture and practices within and across teams
What We're Looking For
- Experience surfacing and advocating for customer needs
- Solid understanding of the HTTP request/response cycle
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Strong mentorship skills and experience growing other developers
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. It would be an added bonus if you have experience in ANY of these:
- Data processing experience at scale
- Data visualization experience in D3 or other open source tools
- Experience working with React component libraries and design systems
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $135,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!