Do you have a passion for making customers successful? Does the idea of diving into the technical architecture of Fauna's customers and helping them to solve their hardest problems get you excited? Want to get in on the ground floor and help to build a product that will change the way that the world stores and accesses data? Then consider joining us at Fauna!
Fauna's Support and Customer Success team is all about solving for the customer. As a Senior Support Engineer on the team, you will need to be an ace troubleshooter and cares deeply about helping your customers. You will delight our customers by not only understanding their challenges and guiding them to a long term solution, but also by being a great partner that is enjoyable to work with. Fauna's Customer Success team is growing rapidly, so you can bring your experience with customer support systems and practices to assist implementing automation, optimizations, and new capabilities to improve our customer experience and grow Fauna’s efficiency and scale. As a critical voice of the customer and deep user experience expert, you will have the chance to impact Fauna’s product roadmap, user experience, and bug fix priorities.
- Exercise your exceptional customer relationship, diagnosis, root cause analysis, and troubleshooting skills to insure Fauna customers are successful and happy
- Engage with Fauna’s customers and community all over the world through written and verbal communication to answer questions, resolve issues, and educate them on Fauna
- Manage and resolve customer incidents and questions expediently while providing a high quality customer experience, ensuring that our customer satisfaction and support level commitments are met and exceeded
- Identify issues with high customer impact and escalate them appropriately with Engineering, Product, and Community
- Drive customer escalations and live site issues to resolution while communicating with customers and managing their expectations
- Be a key voice of the customer and advocate for users' needs in collaborating internally with Engineering, Product, and Community to help drive product roadmap and bug fix priorities
- Help brainstorm, automate, and creating new support infrastructure to drive efficiency, effectiveness, and to continuously improve the customer experience
- Core work hours for this position are US West Coast PST hours. In addition there will be an on-call rotation to cover after-hours and weekend / holidays escalations
- 5+ years experience in a customer support engineer role preferably with SaaS, developer or hosted NoSQL database products
- Solid understanding of distributed databases such as MongoDB, PostgresSQL, Cassandra, Couchbase, etc.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify root cause in both client applications and database operations of enterprise mission critical systems, including the use of log analysis tools such as Sumo Logic, DataDog, Splunk, etc
- Ability to troubleshoot database queries written in Java, Scala, Python, Go, C#, etc
- Have a genuine interest in helping your customers and delivering a great experience with questions of various levels of complexity
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- Be a patient, empathetic, and positive communicator, both live and in writing, across multiple channels; in email, phone, video, chat, social media, and in person
- Strong understanding of Linux based systems administration, networking, public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Excited and energized by working in a fast paced startup environment. Thrives on a distributed team. Takes strong pride of ownership of your work results and customer outcomes.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Fauna currently operates as a fully remote company and this position is open to applicants anywhere in the United States.
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe we embrace a remote first culture and offer employees the flexibility of work locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with an exceptional compensation, equity package, and benefits package.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles
. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.
If visa sponsorship is required now or in the future to work in our US location, we are not able to offer that at this time.
Fauna is the data API for modern applications. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of GraphQL. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.