*Note: Remote candidates must be comfortable with working within PST/UTC-7 working hours.
Roostify is transforming the mortgage industry with an innovative and integrated platform that’s streamlining the entire digital lending experience. We believe that consumer lending should be a fair, fast, and transparent experience. Our software is used by lenders across the country to improve lending experiences every day. We are a team of innovative thinkers on a mission to reinvent the lending experiences so people can accelerate their future.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have an opportunity to work on an exciting new service from ground up. The primary focus of this position will be design, development, deployment and support of components for Roostify’s Data & Document Intelligence platform.
- Be responsible for designing and scoping development tasks
- Develop elements of the overall software solution
- Interact with other members of the engineering and product management team to ensure compatible implementation of the solution with the existing platform
- Assume end-to-end responsibility, including deployment and oversight of the owned component in production
- Influence the overall architecture and provide guidance to the junior team members
- Handle escalations and effectively interact with customer support to resolve production issues
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS (preferable) in Computer Science or equivalent
- 10+ years' experience in software design and development
- Programming experience with Java, Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS, etc.)
- Database programming experience, Postgres/MySQL preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Design experience with secure, multi-tier, multi-tenant, highly scalable and highly available web applications
- Knowledge of data architectures and technologies such as data warehouses, tag managers, and analytics platforms
- Understanding Data Science & AI/ML fundamentals
- Experience programming with Java/J2EE and Python
- Knowledge of web security fundamentals
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform(GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other cloud platforms.
- Expertise with BI/Analytics tools and platforms such as Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of OCR/NLP products, platforms and technologies.
- Experience & knowledge in the mortgage/finance technologies
- Enthusiasm for agile development
- Experience working in a fast global team environment
- You’re a quick learner, flexible thinker, good communicator and listener, and know what it takes to write code that serves millions of users
BENEFITS & PERKS
At Roostify we know that people do their best when they feel their best; we care about our people and want them to thrive. Here are some of the benefits we’re proud to offer:
- Competitive Salary & Equity Packages
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Flexible Vacation Time
- Fitness/Wellness Discount through ClassPass
Roostify is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Roostify we have a value of People First. We strive to provide the best experiences to our employees and candidates. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.