Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Design, implement, and test location technology systems for Android devices.
- Implement core signal processing algorithms and software-defined radios for test and analysis of algorithms.
- Build and deploy server systems on production distributed cloud servers.
- Work with other cross-functional teams to understand requirements and meet compliance/conformance metrics.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with wireless communications technologies.
- 5 years of experience coding in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, or Python.
- Experience in GNSS/GPS technologies, user cases, data processing, analysis, and visualization.
- Experience with Enhanced 911 carrier certification requirements.
- Knowledge in GPS/GNSS technologies and assisted GNSS/wireless positioning technologies.
- Understanding with LTE/5G modem.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): California, USA; Washington, USA.