Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Engineer Jobs
Senior Software Engineer, Data Science & Machine Learning - (Grafana Labs)
Grafana Labs Full Time Software Engineer Remote-Europe Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Grafana Labs is the company behind Grafana, a popular open source tool for visualizing and analyzing metrics with its instantly recognizable dashboards. With both its open source technology and enterprise products, Grafana Labs allows organizations to understand their metrics no matter where they are stored, and create, explore, and share dashboards to foster a data-driven culture. Founded in 2014, Grafana Labs has grown rapidly ever since. We are believers in the power of global, distributed teams: Talent is not limited by borders, and great workplaces are made up of exceptional colleagues. We have aggressive growth plans and are an ambitious, hardworking, and friendly team.
This is a remote position. We are looking for candidates in EST/Central US and European timezones.
We're looking for talented software engineers to help build out our data science and machine learning team, which is responsible for the practical application of statistical analysis and machine learning to difficult problems in the observability space. The ideal candidate has experience applying data science techniques to real time applications, and a strong software engineering background.
What you’ll be working on:
A normal “day in the life” could include working on novel applications of data science in the observability space, collaborating with product teams to enhance the functionality of the Grafana ecosystem, or building efficient systems to apply data science techniques to real-time observability data at scale.
- You have experience building enterprise-grade applications using languages such as golang & python
- You have a background in data science and/or machine learning
- You work well within a team and you're driven to help others
- You strive to be better at your craft!
- You can drive your work independently, but you also know when to reach out for help
- You care deeply about user experience and the quality of the products that you work on
- Experience with Grafana, Prometheus, Graphite, or other time-series platforms
- Front-end development experience with React/Angular/VueJS
- Familiarity with deploying & operating large-scale web applications in kubernetes
- Open source projects and/or contributions
Equal Opportunity Employer- At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.Apply for this job