We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.
We wrote the Aptible Owner's Manual
to help members of the company get a clear sense of what this team is — what we mean by “us.” We've now made this open to the world and invite you to read it, as a prospective member of the Aptible Team.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
About this Role
We are in the process of transforming Aptible Deploy, our managed platform as a service offering, into a platform that any Engineering Team can get up and running in their own AWS account quickly and easily. Through integrations between Deploy and Comply, these Engineering Teams will have deep insight into how their platform aligns with their compliance goals. Using Deploy will make security and compliance accessible and visible to teams for which it was previously out of reach. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be contributing directly to our product transformation by developing features that ensure our product remains secure, stable, and easy to use.
- You'll design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain Aptible Deploy.
- You'll work with the product team to refine our roadmap and plan new features.
- You'll have autonomy and ownership over product features.
- You'll collaborate and pair frequently with our infrastructure and customer reliability teams.
- You'll be part of our 24/7 on-call rotation (Approximately 1 Week Per Month).
- You have experience with a variety of programming languages. The best language to implement a core web API is unlikely to be the best language to implement a metrics collection agent, both of which you’re likely to work on.
- Desire to Improve: You seek to understand why things are the way they are, and think about ways to make them better.
- Desire to Learn: You seek and have the ability to learn the tools we use today, and the new tools we might use tomorrow. Knowledge of what we use today is a plus. Tools: Rails, Postgres, Docker, AWS, Ember.js
- You’re comfortable interacting with, understanding, and troubleshooting unfamiliar software. When troubleshooting platform trouble or escalated customer issues, you’re likely to have to interact with software you’ve never seen before.
- User Focused: You are interested in building and evolving a platform with real users who depend on us for their core business.
- Team Player: You provide clear, useful documentation to other engineers and enjoy working closely with team members.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.
1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager (30 Minutes via Zoom
2) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.)
4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you'd do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form
, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.