Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Developer Jobs
Senior Software Developer, Fast Compilation for Kotlin - (JetBrains)
Jet Brains Full Time Software Developer Remote-Europe
Remote Job Description
- An opportunity to contribute to a product that is used by millions of developers.
- Unique professional challenges and a chance to be the first person in the whole world to solve them.
- An opportunity to “peek under the hood” of popular technologies.
- We are open to both remote and office-based work arrangements, as well as potential relocation to the countries where JetBrains has offices.
In this role, you will:
- Improve Kotlin's incremental compilation algorithms.
- Optimize build pipelines with and carefully analyse their performance.
- Improve the architecture and refactor the existing code.
- Communicate with Android Build Tools (Google) and Gradle (Gradle Inc.) developers.
We'll be happy to have you on our team if you:
- Enjoy solving complex and challenging tasks.
- Know how to profile and optimize your code.
- Know how to use algorithms and data structures to solve practical tasks.
- Have strong teamwork skills.
- Are eager to explore new technologies.
We are looking for a specialist with general software engineering skills. We expect that you will be able to pick up new technologies as you go. If you are already familiar with Maven, Gradle, or other build systems, it’s great, but this is not a must.
How we work:
- Developers communicate with users directly on YouTrack, Slack, GitHub, and community forums.
- Most of the new code is written in Kotlin.
- The project is developed on GitHub under Apache License 2.0.
- We have a strong dogfooding culture and use our own tools all the time.
Choose your office
St. Petersburg, Russia
Prague, Czech Republic
- Spacious comfortable office (open 24/7) with a private parking lot.
- Competitive salary: determined individually, but above industry average.
- Bonuses based on your performance.
- Voluntary health insurance for employees, their spouse, and their children under age 18 (including dental insurance).
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Full salary during sick leave.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hot meals, free drinks, fruits, and snacks.
- Office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Office gym (with washrooms), massage room, and a recreational zone.
- Training, including English and German language classes.
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences in Europe and the US.
- Job relocation help.
Apply for this job