At Spotify Advertising, our part of that mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define the insights product for our business.
As a part of a reliability-focused team you will help exemplify, measure and raise the reliability of products and operational capabilities of squads across the Megaphone team by creating tools, collaborating with teams, evangelizing best practices and encouraging learning across the organization. You'll work closely with engineers to advocate for sensible, scalable, systems design and share responsibility with them in diagnosing, resolving, and preventing production issues — we are strong believers in engineering teams taking operational responsibility for their products and work hard to support them in this. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our rapidly growing Megaphone team at the center of the podcasting world.
What you’ll do
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Work closely with product squads to assist them in adopting and improving their use of existing tools and practices such as SLOs, alerting, runbooks, synthetic testing, and general observability.
- Monitor user-facing systems using best practices, with reliability and scalability in mind.
- Engage with other platform teams at Spotify to evaluate tooling, iterate on our incident response process, and hold effective and blameless postmortems.
- Work with backend engineers to debug and fix issues.
- Design, code, and operate tools and systems to reduce the amount of time and effort needed by our engineers to scale our products to Spotify advertisers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our products.
Who you are
- You know how to write distributed, high-performance services in Python.
- Experience managing Google Cloud infrastructure
- You appreciate teaching and mentoring others, leveling up the skills of those around you.
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and use them to document your work.
- You work well with cross-functional, agile software development teams.
- You are passionate about reliability practices and excited to help teams improve how they maintain their own reliability.
- You are familiar with the principles of site reliability engineering, such as eliminating toil, embracing risk, simplicity, and release management.
- You have familiarity with and passion for software engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.