The Senior Serverless Solutions Architect is a pre-sales role helping to collaboratively architect serverless solutions and drive adoption of the Fastly’s [email protected]
platform with enterprise customers and prospects. The ideal candidate is both a technical specialist and a compelling, proficient communicator with both engineering and executive-level partners.
Ideal candidates have a background in writing code (e.g., Rust, Go, JS) and understands typical requirements of modern web applications, caching infrastructure, internet protocols, and microservices architectures. This background and understanding will empower them to recognise and communicate serverless edge compute use cases that deliver tangible value in a compelling way to help win new business. This position requires someone to work across industry verticals and cross-functionally internally.
As a key member of the Fastly sales team, you will not only help to generate and accelerate serverless compute sales opportunities towards close, but you will be empowered to provide technical leadership for the development and training of customer facing personnel, help craft presentation materials to differentiate Fastly's offering, generate thought leadership within the serverless space, play a meaningful role in helping build the [email protected]
business globally, and more.
What You'll Do
- Lead pre-sales technical discovery and solutioning conversations to establish new serverless business opportunities, expand existing business relationships, and help ensure we are meeting the evolving serverless technology needs of our customers
- Work with customer engineering and business teams, as well as internal account and sales teams across multiple verticals, to architect and implement serverless POCs
- Partner internally to develop training and educational programs to raise customer awareness of serverless using edge cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with product management to aggregate and prioritize feature development for clients.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to craft and refine product-line messaging.
- Train Fastly’s sales and support organisations on the value of serverless solutions generally and Fastly’s differentiation in market
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years operating in pre-sales SaaS or PaaS engagements with enterprise organizations; experience handling enterprise sales engagements with multi-tiered and matrixed organisations
- Hands on experience working with serverless or microservices architectures in a vendor or client context
- Validated sales skills working with very technical and highly detail oriented customers in large enterprises
- Expert knowledge of internet protocols and website optimisation and acceleration
- Experience winning “C-suite” sales engagements
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically on your feet while being persuasive and credible
- Strong organisational, project management, and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding listening skills
- Proven collaboration skills within cross-functional organisations
- Deep knowledge of enterprise application development and deployment technology
- Willing and able to travel on average up to 10-20%, may temporarily increase during tradeshows, etc
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.