The Security Engineer is responsible for supporting the delivery, operating, and scaling of security capabilities across the organization. This role will act as a security expert within a growing, collaborative team in a cutting-edge HR and payroll tech company. Keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team, is self-motivated, and has great communication skills.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Security Engineer is responsible for the delivery, operating and scaling of security capabilities across the organization. This includes supporting technical implementations, working cross-team with infrastructure, system, application, and architecture teams to better the security posture of the organization.
- Develop innovative security controls to protect assets across a large and complex environment
- Administer a wide and interesting range of security platforms and systems
- Implement security orchestration and automation in support of security operations
- Consult with internal teams on architecture and system designs
- Support cross-team security initiatives of internal team
- 3-5 years of experience in Security Engineering or similar role
- Must have experience leading a large strategic project
- Strong understanding of implementing a SIEM
- In-depth knowledge of PKI's and Privileged Access Management
- Solid understanding of NIST Cybersecurity and MITRE ATT&CK frameworks.
- Working ability to write scripts and automation. This includes parsing log data (i.e. RegEx, XML, etc.)
- You will need experience working with at least 7 of the following platforms and tools:
- Active Directory
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Data Loss Preventions (ProofPoint, Symantec, Varonis, etc.)
- DNS Filtering and Web Proxies (Cisco, Zscaler, etc.)
- Docker Containers & Kubernetes
- Email Security (ProofPoint, Mimecast, etc.)
- Endpoint Detection & Response (Microsoft ATP, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, etc.)
- Network Firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, etc.)
- Privileged Access Management (PAM)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP)
- Vulnerability Management (Tenable, Qualys, etc.)
- Web Application Firewalls (F5 ASM, Imperva, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or related preferred
- Strongly prefer at least 1 relevant security related certification.
- Great communication skills with the ability to build strong cross-team relationships.
- Ability to self-teach technical concepts in security and apply them in real world scenarios.
If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon your request. You may contact [email protected]
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.