Senior Researcher - (Ad hoc)
Ad Hoc Full Time Other Remote-US
Remote Job Description
At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We’re committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
We're looking for a driven, organized, and passionate UX Researcher to guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people. The ideal candidate wants to make a difference, cares about making technology work for people, and enjoys speaking with a diverse range of people. Your work will improve the lives of people interacting with the US Government. As part of our team, you will work with small teams of designers and engineers to help deliver web applications and services.
- Our Federal contracts require that you must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- We will be accepting applications until December 20, 2019
- Plan and facilitate feedback sessions based on product team’s questions and goals
- Prioritize research projects based on team needs and goals, balancing research team capacity
- Plan and facilitate collaboration between researchers, product team members, and stakeholders
- Plan strategy for outreach to find feedback participants
- Provide mentorship and guidance to newer researchers on the team
- Participate as a stakeholder / user in product development for in-house user research management system
- Minimum 5 years experience planning and facilitating a range of research types from usability testing to exploratory discovery projects
- Experience collaborating with technology product teams, including product managers, designers, and developers in research
- Problem-solving skills making tools and techniques work for projects, and adjusting when unexpected things go wrong
- Experience with quantitative methods such as surveys, tree testing, etc
- Strong organizational and communication skills
DESIRED SKILLS (nice to have)
- Knowledge of or experience with accessibility
- Experience with Government work or technology
- Company-Subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.Apply for this job