Back To All Remote Jobs View All Project Manager Jobs
Senior Project Manager - Human Made
Human Made Full Time Project Manager Remote-UK
Remote Job Description
Human Made is looking for a someone to join us as a Senior Project Manager of digital projects to join our global team. We need someone who understands and enjoys the software delivery life-cycle, supporting and encouraging strong teamwork and who thrives on collaboration in a remote context.
While we are a global company this role is specifically for projects based in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) time zones so you should be based in this region.
Human Made helps organisations drive customer engagement, reinforce brand value and improve operations with digital solutions powered by Altis, our WordPress digital experience platform.
Over the past 10+ years, we’ve helped brands such as TechCrunch, Capgemini and USA Today build and deliver their digital strategies, transforming the way people interact with some of the most visited websites in the world. We have deep expertise and investment in using WordPress as a tool to create large-scale platforms, websites, and applications that drive transformational business value.
Our decade of experience in agile delivery and passion for open source solutions supports clients in their journey to embrace the edge of innovation. Human Made is a fully distributed company, with employees based remotely around the world.
As a Senior Project Manager at Human Made you have day-to-day responsibility for supporting the smooth and effective running of any client or internal projects that you are responsible for. To do this you should be able to effectively set up a project, track and report on projects, monitor budgets, carry out risk and issue analysis, and quality assurance. You should have a thorough understanding of the principles and processes of project management and its respective methodologies adopted at Human Made.
We use agile frameworks, but we do have traditional needs in terms of reporting and budgeting - so there is a need for you to be open to adaptation in terms of project delivery.
As a remote worker you should be a self-starter, able to motivate yourself and prioritise your tasks. We operate in an autonomous culture with a high-level of trust in all employees, and focus on your outcomes rather than the how, when and where you do your work. Communication is an essential part of this role so you should be an excellent communicator, particularly in text-based communication and video conferencing. You should be comfortable communicating with people across cultures and at different levels of the company.
You will be responsible for:
Supporting a Development Team
- Support teams delivering large, complex technology/web projects with significant budgets
- Create and maintain a team culture that facilitates a shared responsibility for successful delivery
- Guide team on principles and practice of the agile framework being used in the project
- Work with team to help define and refine project scope, estimates, and resource requirements for projects
- Prepare and facilitate workshops (either virtual or in-person) to establish project needs and relationships
- Facilitate meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments
- Assess the time and financial impact of scope change and communicate to stakeholders as appropriate
Accountability to Human Made
- Be commercially aware: Understand the status of the budget of your projects and be able to report on them back to the company
- Allocation management of project needs in conjunction with regional team/s and allocation manager
Building and Safeguarding Relationships
- Be the hub of communication for the project maintaining regular contact with internal and external stakeholders, and partners engaged in delivery
- Build a partnership relationship with clients, having empathy and sensitivity to their pressures
- Understand the workings and needs of the account you are partnered with
- Develop and maintain positive and functional relationships with the internal project teams, so that people want to work with you
- Communicate regularly; be proactive in facing difficult conversations
- Lead by example, mentor the team, and encourage best practice
- Manage your interactions with clients and internal team professionally, and personably
- Being able to be flexible and adaptive to emergent client and project needs
Striving for Great Work
- Develop creative and technical judgement and strive for high quality output
- Document progress and communicate to internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct team reviews and retrospectives to promote continuous improvement
As a Senior Project Manager you will be expected to have the following skills and experiences:
- Experience in project management models and frameworks and their application to different digital/software projects
- Enterprise agency environment experience
- Highly developed skills in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience in using a wide range of project management tools such as, budget/time tracking tools and project management software with the depth of knowledge to recommend the right tools for a project
- Strong written and oral communication and ability to communicate technical concepts
- Salary range: £45,000 - £65,000 or local equivalent
- Flexible working
- 52 weeks parental leave
- 35 day maximum holiday policy
- Sickness and carers leave
- Annual company retreat
- Conference and training budget
- Monthly remote working allowance
- Work wherever you want
- New computer and mobile phone every two years
- Office equipment when you need it