Senior Program Manager US
- Full Time
- Program Manager
- $200K - $250K
Remote Job Description
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
- The Corporate Planning & Execution team sits at the junction of strategy and execution with the aim of planning and delivering the company’s priority products while providing executives the visibility and input they require to guide bi-annual releases.
- Manages a group of program managers each responsible for leading the execution of separate, but interrelated, products
- Partners with leadership across product marketing, design, engineering, customer support, marketing, and other cross functional teams to deliver all projects on time and with the highest quality
- Collaborates with design and engineering colleagues to design and implement the portfolio management governance
The Difference You Will Make:
- Anticipate upcoming risks and issues within the portfolio and proactively mitigates them
- Organizes information to ensure efficient flow across all products and teams
- Mentors and coaches program managers
- Coordinates mid-cycle retrospectives to fine tune the portfolio team’s operating system
- Ensures program managers adhere to standard operating procedures, particularly as they relate to leadership reporting and documentation
A Typical Day:
- Manages the overall product portfolio release timelines, including identifying cross product interdependencies and eliminating redundancies
- Facilitates issue resolution and decision making, especially for Product Leadership
- Reports project progress to various stakeholder groups at their required level of detail
- 13+ years program management, business operations, or other relevant experience
- Experience managing project portfolios, including prioritization, roadmap planning, and staffing
- Ability to balance long-term strategic thinking with near-term execution skills
- Experience with program/portfolio management of user facing, B2C, tech products
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence business leaders
- Ability to solve unique problems that have a broad impact on the business
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Track record successfully managing ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams
- Enthusiastic about identifying opportunities to design, influence adoption, and roll out new process to enable more efficient cross functional collaboration
- Experience training and mentoring program managers, aligning their skills to the challenges of a growing organization
- Expertise in using project management tracking and reporting tools such as Airtable, Asana, Jira, Smartsheets, etc.
- Thrives in ambiguity in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization
- Up to 10% travel required
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 and $225,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.