Senior Program Manager
- Full Time
- Program Manager
Remote Job Description
As a Senior Program Manager in the Airbnb China Strategy and Operation team, you will be independently managing programs that contribute to China product roadmap and strategic priorities.
The Difference You Will Make:
You will work closely with headquarter program managers, China product managers, engineer managers, designers, data scientists, operation teams, and other cross-functional key stakeholders to improve productivity and efficiency, and with clear communication, efficient risk and issue management, to ensure successful program execution.
You are also expected to leverage your agile mindset, help foster E2E efficient collaboration synergy for China based cross-functional teams by removing blockers, optimizing ways-of-working, and customizing processes.
A Typical Day:
- Develop program structure aligned with objectives, drive collaboration and alignment with all relevant stakeholders to ensure technical feasibility, and effectively drive end-to-end projects.
- Drive accountability and ownership in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization and highlight competing priorities.
- To ensure accountability and timeline management, manage effective communications to leadership and across teams on critical decisions, status, and risks.
- Understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new operating ways, focusing on simplification and productivity.
- Manage a broad set of stakeholders, ongoing communication of the right content to the appropriate audience (technical and non-technical).
- Increase team productivity by identifying and removing obstacles and keeping processes lean.
- BA/BS degree. 5+ years of program management experience, and industry experience.
- Demonstrate excellent communication in both English and Chinese, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups across different time zones.
- Familiar with software development lifecycle management.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your program management expertise and problem-solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies quickly with minimal lag time. Demonstrate ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
- Deep knowledge and experience using collaborative project management tools and processes (e.g. Asana, JIRA).
- PMP or other program management certification is a strong plus.
- TPM experience is a plus
This position is China - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Your recruiter will inform you what cities you are able to work from depending on your personal legal working identity and Airbnb internal policies.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.