Slack is where work happens. It's a collaboration hub where the right people and the right information come together, helping everyone get work done.
Our Developer Platform supports this mission by providing an engagement layer connecting people and information across different software. A typical enterprise has over one thousand pieces of software, creating silos of data and events!
Our goal is to empower everyone to automate admin tasks and exchange data between silos to reduce context switching, increase productivity, and improve their working life.
In this role, you’ll partner with other PMs and engineers to define, implement, and iterate on functionality that is essential to our next generation platform and best-in-class developer experience. Your work will enable first and third party developers to create best in class integrations and make it even easier to build Slack apps.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, creative, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be intelligent, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Owning a product strategy and feature roadmap to deliver on the needs of people who build Slack apps across a range of technical levels and capabilities.
- Building an understanding of Slack app developers, both inside and outside large organizations.
- Creating new APIs to allow easier creation of new Slack app capabilities. Launching new services to support Slack developers and reduce friction for Slack development.
- You will build fundamentals that enable and grow the ecosystem of apps that connect Slack to productivity applications, together with our partner-facing teams.
- In tandem with engineering leadership, develop appropriate planning, prioritization, and release management processes to enable launch of new functionality for developers and Slack customers.
- Drive execution against plan, anticipating risk, and leading discussion via frequent, clear communication, both internally and with partners.
- Prioritize and design features for a variety of personas, from non-technical Slack users to Slack power-users to developers
- Understanding Slack user, administrator, and developer dynamics to build healthy ecosystems
What you should have
- 5+ years experience as a product manager working on technical products, especially APIs and developer platforms. Security interest or experience is optional but a plus.
- A passion for Slack and the problems we are solving
- Desire to understand Slack developers and users of varying skill levels and technical capabilities - their capabilities, needs, and how they work
- Ability to manage complex internal and external stakeholders and find creative solutions
- Track record of working with engineering and partner teams: people want to work with you again
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $150,200. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/