Back To All Remote Jobs View All Product Manager Jobs
Senior Product Manager, Creators - (Medium)
Medium Full Time Product Manager Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Here at Medium, we are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
Creators come to Medium with a variety of goals: to tell their story, to build a brand, to build an audience, to earn money on their original writing. One thing they share is a desire to express themselves. As a Product Manager on the Creators team, you’ll work to deeply understand and empathize with writer and editor needs. You’ll dramatically expand the toolkit available to creators to express themselves through the structure and style of their original content, as well as tools to curate and collaborate on content with fellow creators.
What will you do?
- Own and develop the product vision and roadmap for high-visibility products that enable creative expression on web and apps.
- Conduct research with our UX Research team to understand the opportunities that matter to writers and editors. Synthesize that with what you learn from User Happiness and Medium’s Writer Advocates to develop an opinion on the highest-impact creator needs.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and Medium’s in-house editorial team within an agile process to develop features that empower writers, editors and organizations to build eye-popping, beautiful brands on Medium. Discover and validate features within an agile process that encourage writers to engage with Medium’s vast network of content and other creators.
- Balance technical and UX debt against launching and iterating on new features quickly. Maintain a high bar for accessibility and performance as core to a good user experience.
- Evangelize the team’s work to the organization and regularly engage in robust dialogue with executive leadership about your product(s).
Who are you?
- You have at least 4 years experience as a PM working on consumer web and mobile applications.
- You can consider multiple customers at once, bridging the needs of creators as well as readers to identify solutions that are beneficial to both.
- You have proven experience working collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and defining solutions with cross-functional partners. Bonus points if you have worked with writers, artists or creatives of any stripe.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are comfortable having conversations with executives and junior team members(and everyone in between) as part of your daily work.
- You welcome the challenge of defining success for products that cannot be easily judged by A/B test results. You have strong product instincts, and know how to validate them with data.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in "@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.Apply for this job