The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
We are looking for an experienced and highly collaborative Senior Product Designer to be a strategic design contributor on a team committed to finding opportunities and crafting solutions to inform the future and growth of Spotify through Connection & Curiosity. Come make Spotify come alive, with every story we tell, and every connection that we create, we unlock human connection, making our products feel more joyful and human. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and enthusiastic about product design within the native experience and is able to guide the design process from early sketches on paper to wireframes to high-fidelity prototypes as well as understand team requirements.
You will be working closely with a multidisciplinary team of Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers and Data Scientists, whilst balancing input and strategy from Marketing and Business partners to deliver outstanding experiences and solutions for our users and partners alike.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with other designers and user research to lead design projects intended for unique audience use cases and markets around the world.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary team made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, and marketing, among others to find opportunities, test and launch features.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- You’ll take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific market demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
Who you are
- You have experience in a similar role at consumer-focused product companies and delivering great user experience.
- You have solid design skills. You’ve shipped products, and understand what it takes to create valuable, people-oriented experiences. Bonus skills include motion design and prototyping skills.
- A proactive and collaborative designer with the ability to contribute to a multi-disciplinary team.
- You have the skills for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business.
- You possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- You take calculated risks: you’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and can temper your analytical skills with intuition and creative ambition.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.