Fastly Part Time Software Engineer Remote-South & Central America Remote-US Remote-UK Remote-Africa Remote-Asia Remote-Canada Remote-Australia
Remote Job Description
We're looking for applicants who get excited about the prospect of building highly available, customer-facing control systems to help some of the biggest companies in the world configure how their content is delivered over the Internet. We are open to engineers with a variety of experience levels, and encourage senior and principal-level engineers to apply.
- Long-term maintenance of existing applications
- Adding new features to existing applications
- Handling customer support requests relating to the UI
- Develop new features from whiteboard through to production
- Contribute ideas for iterative improvements to both code and culture
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
- Understand the HTTP request/response cycle
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills to help other engineers grow
- Experience working with distributed development teams
- Experience with Ember
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, or Sinatra
- Experience with JSON-API
- Experience with functional programming
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Our customers have a tremendous user base, and we support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their hearts with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is part of our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not “one size fits all”. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they’re passionate about.