As companies around the world consider the implications of hybrid working models, Slack is uniquely positioned to lead the way to be their digital HQ. We are looking for a strategic public sector industry marketer to lead the go-to-market strategy for this industry segment.
Customer-obsessed. Storyteller. Empathetic. Collaborative. If all of these words describe you, this is a perfect fit. The ideal candidate is a trend spotter in the public sector space, with a deep understanding of the industry, and is able to distill public sector and technical insights into compelling value proposition and strategic frameworks. Creating differentiated messaging and positioning will be a key aspect of this role, while simultaneously orchestrating integrated campaigns and initiatives to create even more raving fans of Slack. Reporting to the Director of Industry Marketing, this role will own and execute initiatives that increase awareness and drive adoption of Slack within the public sector industry.
This is a high visibility role with exposure across both Slack and Salesforce go-to-market organizations. We’re looking for a proven leader who thrives working with enterprise customers and sales teams, working cross-functionally, creating compelling content and finding new ways to reach public sector customers.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Design and execute the public sector go-to-market and content strategy
- Develop and constantly refine Slack’s value proposition, differentiated benefits, use cases and business outcomes
- Create compelling omni-channel customer facing content, sales assets and customer stories
- Work cross-functionally to architect industry-persona integrations and support new product launches
- Lead with integrity, passion, and purpose, representing Slack as an industry subject matter expert at industry events and with analysts
- Partner with third party event organizations, media outlets and industry associations to create targeted marketing initiatives
- Engage directly with customers, prospects, sales and customer success teams to advise, develop your POV, test and refine messaging
- Drive cross-functional, integrated programs with Content Marketing, Demand Gen, Field Marketing and Events teams to build awareness and increase consideration among public sector buyers
- Partner with the Salesforce Industries team to define joint go-to-market messaging and coordinate joint go-to-market efforts.
- Partner with sales enablement to increase adoption of industry content and ensure a constant feedback loop to drive future content needs
What you should have
- 8+ years of public sector marketing experience
- At least 4 years of experience in B2B enterprise software
- Ability to connect technical concepts with customer value and express it succinctly
- Ability to craft clear and compelling messages as well as willingness to roll up your sleeves to build externally-facing assets and internal deliverables
- Highly proactive, self-starter capable of independently leading several projects with limited direction
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to educate and inspire small groups and conference audiences
- A love for storytelling in a simple, thoughtful, and visual manner
- Four-year degree is required, MBA is a plus
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $122,500 You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
Slack is a messaging app for business which lets you organize conversations into channels so everyone moves faster and stays in sync. It’s a platform that connects everyone in your business—employees, customers, and partners— securely with each other and integrates easily with apps you use every day to get work done. And everything happens, using any device, within a digital workspace that’s super easy to use.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.