We are looking for a collaborative Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Backstage product team, focused on creating the best developer experience for Spotify, the open source community and commercial partners.
The Backstage squads are functions within the Platform Developer Experience family aiming to:
- Deliver an open and thriving ecosystem trusted by millions of engineers, one where hundreds of companies collaborate to build the best developer experience in the world.
- Lead Spotify into a new era of infrastructure based on an open foundation, bringing an industry leading developer experience.
By joining us, you will help play an instrumental role in improving the experience of over 2000+ developers at Spotify as well as a growing open source community. Directly helping Spotify on our journey towards becoming one of the top tech companies in the world.
What you'll do
- Work as part of a multi-functional team on Backstage across the whole development stack, solving problems at scale for both our internal and open source end users
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Advocate for unification of infrastructure, tools and languages where clients are similar in structure to lower the cost of ownership and increase the speed of the adopting teams
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating an exciting engineering experience for our open-source community and internal Spotify engineering teams
Who you are
- You enjoy working with React, TypeScript and Java and have a solid understanding of GraphQL and interacting with backend systems
- You are experienced in building and implementing large-scale systems across various projects
- As a contributor, you have engaged with large scale open-source projects
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- Mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering the best engineering practices, is important to you
- You have impact through your communication skills and love sharing your knowledge with others, helping them grow
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.