Back To All Remote Jobs View All Data Analyst Jobs
Senior Data Analyst - (Life360)
Life360 Full Time Data Analyst Remote-US
Remote Job Description
About Life 360
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for first-to-market solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently reached #1 in Apple’s US App Store’s list of free social networking apps. Nearly 1 in 10 US families with kids use Life360 an average of 12 times a day, and global membership is growing exponentially, with over 28 million active users in over 140 countries as of March 31, 2020 — making Life360 the largest mobile service for families in the world.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offering both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 150+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
About our culture and benefits
Life360 has embraced a work from home (WFH) philosophy for at least the duration of the COVID-19 crisis, along with most of our peers. During this WFH period, the organization remains connected and engaged with virtual team events, weekly all hands meetings and regular open zoom sessions with leadership. While we believe that the work world has likely permanently changed, we have yet to make any decisions about our long-term split between WFH and being in the office
We always offer:
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- $200/month Quality of Life perk
- Flexible PTO
- Free Life360 platinum membership for your family circle
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We buy you the things you need to improve yourself and get your job done.
All open positions are remote opportunities and when the time comes to return to our offices, we offer the following:
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in Encinitas
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
About the Job
Data plays a crucial role in Life360’s growth by driving smarter decisions, improving operations, and creating higher value user experiences. As an analytics team, we partner with a wide variety of cross-functional partners to apply data insights against strategic initiatives. “Know Our Users” is a Life360 core value and we’re looking for analytics professionals who are passionate about leveraging user data to create value for Life360 families.
You’ll be working in a dynamic growth environment, leading efforts to better understand the business, the product, and the customer. Life360 has one of the most interesting datasets in the world: location, driving, product usage, and purchasing behavioral data - all centered around who matters most, the family. If you have a passion for making an impact and working on products that help millions of families around the world, then this is the right place for you.
In this role, we are looking for someone to be an analytics generalist and provide support for a variety of initiatives and teams. Projects will widely vary and we need someone who is willing to take on the task whether or not they have encountered that specific problem before. Ultimately, you will be tasked with finding data insights that deliver business value.
- Leverage data to understand the Life360 family and their product usage, developing insights that apply to product, marketing, and business strategy.
- Partner with executives, product managers, engineers, marketers, designers to translate data insights into smarter decisions and applications.
- Establish and manage KPIs that measure the health of the business, product performance, and customer experience quality.
- Build dashboards and reporting processes to monitor business and product trends.
- Develop frameworks, tools, and best practices to apply data insights towards business questions.
- Conduct analyses and build models that identify opportunities and drive growth.
- Design and analyze experiments, communicate results, and drive decisions.
- 5+ years experience on analytics teams and are willing to help coach and mentor colleagues on best data practices.
- Experience in product analytics related to mobile apps.
- Degree in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, operations research, or engineering, finance, business intelligence. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- SQL expertise - able to write structured and efficient queries on large datasets.
- Strong Proficiency in building data visualizations and interactive dashboards with tools like Tableau.
- Experience in scripting languages, like analysis and visualization libraries in Python or R.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build the business.
- Experience designing and evaluating experiments to draw inferential recommendations.
- Curiosity to learn about new topics and uncover hidden insights.
We are looking for candidates with a diverse background that will compliment the skills and backgrounds of the current team. If you don’t fit all the criteria below please apply anyway as this list is more of a preference rather than a rule. Our priority is for a well rounded team that delivers results.Apply for this job