Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Contract Manager to join our commercial contracts team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions that drive Atlassian’s operations.
- Structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of inbound procurement contracts, including SaaS, IT, HR, marketing, professional services, and developer agreements.
- Negotiate Data Processing Agreements, working closely with the Privacy team, to address a variety of supplier privacy issues, including identification of controller vs. processor suppliers, Article 28 requirements, CCPA, and consent requirements for lead generation agreements.
- Partner closely with Procurement team (contract managers, sourcing managers, and supplier due diligence team) to run specific supplier contracts, and to handle critical issues to the Legal team
- Develop and maintain up-to-date contract templates and clauses
- Analyze use cases with business owners to choose appropriate contract forms and data processing agreements, as applicable
- Maintain contract playbooks and clause libraries to meet business requirements, align with company policies, mitigate risk, and establish consistency in contract negotiations
- Collaborate with stakeholders from other teams, including Finance, Risk and Compliance (RAC), Procurement and Security
- Manage and/or coordinate with other Legal team members on: Open source and IP issues, Labor law issues for our contingent workforce, and Privacy related issues (HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.)
- Serve as the single point of contact for specific assigned business teams by business unit, subject matter or geography
- Manage or contribute to various projects to improve the contracts process for business owners, Procurement and the commercial Legal team
- 5+ years of supplier contracts drafting and negotiation experience, including data processing agreements
- BA or BS (J.D. and/or CIPP-E certification is a plus, but not required)
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing projects in a dynamic environment
- Diligent, flexible, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills (written and oral) with a customer focus
- Enjoys playing “as a team”
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub