This is our Senior Content Writer role for those who know the difference between an average blog post that gets ignored and a great blog post that readers love.
Tasks in the role
- Write high-quality blog posts that deliver incredible value to our readers and rank well on Google.
- Explain SEO concepts and processes in step-by-step detail.
- Revise content as necessary to meet our content quality standards.
- Research topics to improve your knowledge, expand upon topics, and strengthen originality of content.
- Collaborate with our designers, editors and strategists as needed to produce outstanding work.
- Work with internal and external subject matter experts if necessary to ensure content is accurate and useful.
Who we are looking for
We think that this experience and competences will help our future colleague to join the team.
- Experience writing long-form, comprehensive blog content that addresses its target keyword’s search intent.
- Hands-on SEO experience. (Bonus points for marketing experience in other areas too, like PPC, SMM and CRO.)
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
- Strong project- and time-management skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience using Semrush tools or our competitors’ tools.
- Ability to write in American English with native-level proficiency.
A bit about the team
You’ll be part of our new Organic Content team, which means you’ll work with people who care a LOT about publishing great work.
We’re on a mission to dramatically improve the quality of our blog content. With the goal of making the Semrush blog the best place in the world to learn SEO.
That makes this an opportunity to sharpen your skills. You’ll get plenty of feedback, and you’ll participate in group workshopping sessions (they’re fun, we promise).
But if you aren’t interested in growing as a writer, this role probably won’t be a good fit for you. It also won’t be a good fit if you can’t already write great content. Rather than writing 10 blog posts per month, at Semrush you’ll be encouraged to slow down and focus on quality.
Near the top of your CV or resume, please include a link to your best content sample. Ideally an example of “how-to” content you’ve written about SEO or another marketing topic.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- Work format REMOTE: This offer stands for the remote work format. Digital nomadism, #wfh – call it what you like ;)
- Low cost medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Dependent Care Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 401(k) plan with flexible ways to save and fully vested employer match up to 4%
- Generous PTO (Vacation, Floating Holidays and Paid Sick Time).
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Short-term and Long-term Disability.
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Life Insurance.
- Travel Insurance.
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.