Back To All Remote Jobs View All Software Engineer Jobs
Senior Android Engineer - Medium
Medium Full Time Software Engineer Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer to join our talented cross-functional team, where they’ll own key aspects of our Android application and contribute to our core mobile architecture. We’re looking for an experienced engineer who can build beautiful, polished user experiences and architect elegant, maintainable code. We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of thoughtful interactions we’re known for.
At Medium, we are proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Medium’s website and mobile apps are accessed by millions of users each day. We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
As an Android engineer at Medium, you will be responsible for developing major new features in the Medium Android app, as well as driving improvements to the existing Android codebase using Kotlin, Java, and the core Android SDKs. You will work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with product managers, designers, and iOS engineers all on the same team, working together to build the world class reading experience that we’re all proud of.
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience and 3+ years of recent experience building native Android apps.
- You have a robust knowledge of Kotlin, Java, and the Android development ecosystem as a whole.
- You’ve built complex, high quality Android applications, and have a strong knowledge of Android app design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- You have a deep understanding of the Android platform, including different device capabilities, battery life, performance, and push notifications.
- You have experience writing automated tests for Android applications.
- You work autonomously, and are more energized by missions and goals than a specific list of tasks.
Nice to haves
- A strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and object-oriented methodologies.
- Experience writing web services or other server-side components.
- Experience leading projects or teams of engineers.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.Apply for this job