Back To All Remote Jobs View All Accounting Jobs
Senior Accountant - (Wunder)
Wunder Full Time Accounting Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Wunder was founded with one simple vision: to address the greatest crisis of our generation by accelerating the proliferation of solar energy. Members of our team have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in private equity, developed innovative energy infrastructure solutions for the Department of Energy, and built digital products that are used and loved by millions of people. Now, we’re saving the world.
Our office is a unique hybrid of finance, engineering, design, and business development. Although our backgrounds and responsibilities vary wildly, we’re a tight-knit bunch that loves cross-pollination. And while our mission is big, we try to keep things light. We provide a happy, productive workplace, and we’re constantly improving it! You’ll find us hustling on the job while also cycling, hiking, boarding, skiing, camping, and dining all over our mile-high home; Colorado.
We have an amazing opportunity for an energetic, analytical, and detail-oriented accountant to join our team and push renewable energy forward. The role, broadly speaking, will be to work with Wunder’s Controller to manage all of the Finance operations required to operate a rapidly scaling financial technology company. Specifically, you will be responsible for conducting monthly close, building monthly financial statements, managing accounts payable, supporting annual audits, wrangling and manipulating large amounts of data, and helping define our financial processes and controls. This isn’t just any accounting role, it’s one of a financier, so in addition to corporate accounting you also need to be excited about managing hundreds of millions of dollars in commercial-scale solar assets spread across multiple SPV’s.
If you get excited about bringing an entirely new asset class to market, building an organization aimed at saving the world, and ensuring that all of the financial details needed to make all of that happen are covered, then this is the role for you.
- A Strong Foundation – You’re a CPA and have 4+ years of relevant accounting experience. Ideally, your background contains a mixture of both audit experience and financial services.
- Technical Sophistication - You’re energized by working with and manipulating large amounts of data, and you’re proficient in Excel.
- You’re Inquisitive & Autonomous - You have an inquisitive auditor mind willing to “figure things out” and you enjoy working autonomously.
- You’re Super Organized - You’re a high achiever who loves bringing order to chaos. There’s a lot going on any given day and success in this role will require a high degree of organization, ability to stay on top of changing goals and priorities, and strong project management skills.
- You’re Detail-Oriented - The quality of our data is paramount. You understand the necessity of accuracy, have a strong appreciation for reporting, and demand perfection from yourself.
- You’re a Flexible, Quick Responder - The problem we’re trying to solve as an organization is dynamic and each day brings fresh and exciting challenges. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and can pivot quickly when needed.
- You have a Team Ethos - You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re willing to do whatever it takes to help your teammate next to you succeed.
- You Believe That No Problem is Too Hard - In an industry where people are constantly stuck, we find ways to get it done. You find new and effective ways to streamline processes and increase efficiency.
Some Benefits To Look Forward To
- One of the only tangible opportunities to truly save the world!
- A big, bright, convenient, funky office located in Downtown Boulder
- Flexible work schedule
- Fully stocked kitchen with drinks, snacks, and treats
- Health, dental, vision benefits, and matching 401K
- Equity and unlimited PTO