Data Scientist Remote - Kraken
Kraken Full Time Data Science Remote-Canada Remote-US
Remote Job Description
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America.
Kraken is looking for a data scientist who is a self-starter and an excellent team player. You will be part of a team who is building cutting-edge trading products in cryptocurrency industry.
You will be responsible for transforming data into insights at Kraken. You will collaborate with product management, engineering and data team to build advanced analytics leveraging data to discover opportunities, insights and help improve performance of trading products and business.
Our technology team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
- Partner with various stakeholders in providing actionable data driven insights to improve the products.
- Develop anomaly detection, and data modelling tools to monitor key performance indicators to improve the efficiency of the products.
- Build self-serve tools (dashboards, analytics tools) for leadership and product management to monitor and improve product efficiency
- Design experiments for product team to test hypothesis and help with idea generation and refinement
- Lead enterprise level analytics framework to aid product analytics. Be a voice for data across organization.
- Experience with story-telling in presenting data insights.
- Build key datasets and data pipelines using Python/ETL frameworks
- PhD or Master’s degree in Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Econometrics, or related field
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques and ability to apply them at professional level.
- Experience with distributed analytical technologies (Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
- Excellent skills in SQL, statistical packages in Python/R. Willingness to learn new languages if required.
- Data visualization skills to communicate data driven insights
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude towards problem solving and driving innovation and change in a geographically distributed team environment
- Experience in fintech related technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks (or similar) for story-telling using data.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Learn more about us:
Apply for this job