A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Effective regulatory risk management and compliance support is essential to address the increasing compliance requirements facing cloud service providers and customers. The Regulatory Risk and Compliance (RRC) team provides strategic compliance direction and oversight, regulatory risk management services, and partnership to Google Cloud teams to increase customer trust and promote regulatory resilience. We work with our stakeholders to support shaping future regulation and improve our overall compliance posture across Cloud to unlock markets and impact Cloud revenue.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work cross-functionally to coordinate, manage, and facilitate compliance programs to address incoming direct oversight obligations in EMEA for the Financial Services sector.
- Coordinate Google Cloud's regulatory oversight readiness efforts to comply with incoming regulations and to shape emerging regulatory trends in the sector.
- Be the central point of contact with the Financial Services regulators, managing day-to-day communications and requests and coordinating and overseeing regulatory exams to ensure successful execution and reduce risk.
- Discuss technical compliance issues relating to Google Cloud and its products with technical and non-technical stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization.
- Experience in project or program management.
- Experience with compliance, risk management, regulatory, and/or legal.
- Experience in the financial services sector.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other similar cloud technologies.
- Experience collaborating and communicating with diverse stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of security capabilities of cloud products.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to translate ambiguous problems into actionable analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: London, UK; Dublin, Ireland.
Remote location(s): Ireland; United Kingdom.