A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Program Manager, you’ll lead software engineering projects in one of our core programming languages and influence teams that design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software. You will plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. And, thanks to Google’s benefits and ample opportunities for personal and professional development, you’ll learn and grow alongside talented teammates who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
Users come first at Google. Nowhere is this more important than on our Advertising and Commerce team: we believe that ads and commercial information can be highly useful to our users if that information is relevant to what our users wish to find or do. Advertisers worldwide use Google Ads to promote their products; publishers use AdSense to serve relevant ads on their website; and business around the world use our products (like Google Shopping, and Google Wallet) to support their online businesses and bring users into their offline stores. We are constantly innovating to deliver the most effective advertising and commerce opportunities of tomorrow.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $125,000-$193,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google
- Manage technology programs, defining milestones and success criteria, resource allocation and successful on-time delivery.
- Conduct data analysis to make business recommendations in areas such as cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting and impact.
- Exercise technical judgment in working with large, cross-functional teams.
- Communicate schedules, priorities, and status to all levels in the company.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- 3 years of experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with software development.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience with workflow automation.
- Experience managing execution and high quality product delivery.
- Experience in commerce or payments.
- Experience with mobile software development.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle.
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.