Back To All Remote Jobs View All Marketing Jobs
Product Marketing Manager, Developer Products - (Shopify)
Shopify Full Time Marketing Remote-South & Central America Remote-US Remote-Canada
Remote Job Description
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes manage, market and sell their products and services. With over 1,000,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets. Shopify also practices a platform-driven approach to building what the majority of our merchants need the majority of the time, but intentionally leaves room for developer opportunity to differentiate Shopify’s multi-channel strategy.
We are looking for a bright, passionate Product Marketing Manager with expertise reaching and resonating with a developer audience who can help us to deliver on our vision of making Shopify the simplest to use commerce platform where developers can build apps and integrations that make commerce better for everyone.
To do that we need to build the right developer products, docs, tutorials, and resources, including initiatives such as helping developers keep up with our API changes, driving API adoption, launching new code libraries, as well as solve the right problems for the developers addressing opportunities for Shopify merchants who need them most. You’ll need to have a growth mindset, deep empathy for developers who work for technology partners, for Shopify merchants or for app development shops, and be excited to roll up your sleeves and dig for the solution to a complex problem.
The opportunity to unlock commerce for people all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. We’re only part of the way there and, to continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
- Driving cross-functional alignment across our product teams building APIs and executing the go-to-market process with our API go to market and technical documentation teams, including tracking release notes, technical product documentation, developer changelog updates, breaking changes email notifications, creating developer digest content, as well as tracking success metrics accordingly
- Defining the messaging, positioning, content, and developer go-to-market strategy to enable successful product launches and in-person campaigns. Working across teams including Research and Development teams, Product Management, Experiential Marketing, Product Marketing, Communications, Brand, Public Relations, Support, Data, and Product Growth
- Developing a “developer-first” narrative for products by understanding ecosystem needs and messaging, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces vying for their time
- Helping build holistic strategies and the products we’re building through market analysis, competitive research and partner/merchant feedback
- Identifying key performance indicators (KPIs), setting targets, and analyzing the results of product launches
- Technical aptitude and experience building and communicating developer products to a developer audience
- Experience in product marketing or product management
- Deep understanding of developer and partner ecosystem audiences and their motivations
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty, resolve ambiguity and think quickly on your feet
- Excellent communication and organizational skills while being able to stay focused on the big picture and pay attention to details
- Experience marketing software as a service (SaaS) products to a developer (B2D) and business to businessbusinesss to consumer (B2B2C) audiences
- Knowledge of how to run successful developer and partner digital and offline in-person integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience helping drive global business, product, and product marketing strategy
- A resourceful attitude and positive negotiation skills - you'll be working with a lot of different teams across Shopify and external ecosystem partners
- Experience coding, being a developer, and the learning by doing mindset
- Experience working on a developer relations, developer advocacy, or developer education team
- Experience working in a startup, ecommerce or the tech industry - it's important to understand our platform and the products we deliver
- Experience using Shopify or any similar ecommerce platforms
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the impact of your work
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Sarah is looking forward to reading your application. Make sure to tell us why you think this is the right role for you!
This job posting will close on August 10, 2020 at 9am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.Apply for this job