Product Led Growth (PLG) is a key business function for Sprout that is supported by a dedicated team and this role is integral to our Product Led motion. Sprout’s Product Growth team is looking for a core contributor to accelerate the impact we’re making on user activation, product adoption, expertise building, and revenue goals. You’ll work alongside engineers, product designers, product managers, and product marketers as a subject matter expert in customer engagement messaging and a user’s lifecycle to drive engagement directly in the product.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, ambitious, and caring teammates that want to build great things and deliver value, together. You’ll own the product messaging to convert trials to customers, onboard users to features that align with their needs, and own messaging creation for Product Led Growth experiments. From project kickoff to release, you’ll have your hand in the direction of what we make, how we make it, and how we tell its story. You’ll put all of your messaging and user education skills on display. Even better: you’ll learn new ones along the way.
We’re looking for you to flex your talent and experience in product engagement messaging and UX writing to craft educational moments throughout an already best-in-class product. Ready to join Sprout’s Product Led Growth team? Read on.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years experience in creating impactful messaging for product-led education for onboarding and feature adoption
- Working knowledge of user behavior and a proven process for applying it in your work
- 5+ years experience in Digital Marketing
- 2+ years experience in B2B services/SaaS high growth product space
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Expertise in UX writing, persuasive writing and/or technical writing
- Experience in product communications for software that serves a customer base with a multitude of use cases
- Skilled in measuring the adoption and upsell experiences they create to demonstrate their impact on business metrics
Within 1 month, you will:
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to Marketing and Product building
- Meet the Growth team, get integrated into the culture and rituals, learn how growth works at Sprout
- Go deep on learning about the Sprout customer. Dig into all of the frameworks and models that drive our work, including Jobs to be Done and our Phases of Product Adoption
- Be an observational researcher of Sprout, our product, and our Growth team. Study the world you will work in, the principles, norms, and approach to work; spot opportunities to add your unique point of view and personal strengths to our diverse and curious team
Within 3 months, you will:
- Roll up your sleeves and jump in to support a Growth project, partnering with your Marketing, PM, Design, and Engineering peers to add your perspective and skills throughout each phase of discovery, definition, planning, delivery, testing, and optimization
- Go deeper into business understanding, by meeting key partners in Sales and Success to gain context on the wider impact of our work
- Join rituals with our partners in the marketing org on Product Marketing, Customer Marketing, and Sales Enablement
- Attend Growth Marketing events that align with your biggest areas of passion and career development and bring your learnings back to the team
Within 6 months, you will:
- Have your first performance conversation with your manager, where you’ll discuss your accomplishments in your role and work together to build goals for your professional growth
- Drive Growth Marketing for a key project, end-to-end by developing a strategic approach, crafting a value proposition canvas, creating a layered education plan, drafting messaging, and identifying key metrics for success
Within 12 months, you will:
- Lead a Growth owned initiative across teams and departments, bridging the Marketing and Product orgs, and activating product education across multiple customer touchpoints
- Represent the Growth Team's successes and learnings in cross-departmental knowledge sharing and revenue reporting rituals
- Support your Growth Marketing peers in developing and validating our Quantitative Growth Model and spot new opportunities for business growth and customer engagement
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Sprout Social is used by over 25,000 brands worldwide including the Chicago Bulls, Tuft & Needle, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit offerings like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best whether you are in an office or working remotely
- State of the art offices in cities where Sprout has physical locations (Chicago and Seattle) for those that prefer an office setting
- Solid programs in some of the staples: medical coverage, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected]
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application. If your state is listed, we're good to move forward. If not, we're not able to hire in your state at this time. If you'd like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we'll save your application for possible future consideration.