Product Manager, Payments Risk Tooling
- Full Time
- Product Manager
- $150K - $200K
Remote Job Description
At Airbnb, if there’s anything related to money, it comes to the Payments team. We are building a world-class payments and commerce organization - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, processes multiple billions of dollars, and empowers more people to participate in our global marketplace.
The difference you will make:
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who know and use Airbnb and believe in what we’re trying to accomplish. Airbnb is a marketplace that connects guests and hosts but provides the level of trust needed to enable each transaction. Payments is central to creating that trust, which is why Payments is a core and strategic part of Airbnb.
The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our Payments Compliance Product Managers own and lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and empowerment. This means our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and execute on the plans that are developed.
A typical day:
Our Payments product organization has 2 domains:
- Payments and Commerce platform - facilitating money movement and exchange of value while also fueling growth for our business,
- Payments Compliance and Payments Risk - ensuring safe and efficient payment processing,
This role is in the Payments Compliance and Risk domain. The PM for Payments Investigative Tooling role will contribute to how we build our Payments Investigative Products from the ground up. As Airbnb continues to expand globally and into new business verticals, our Payments Tooling products need to scale up as platform capabilities. In collaboration with Payments Risk and Compliance leadership, you will define the strategy for payments investigations and products. You will define the strategy for Payments Investigative Tooling products, ensuring we’re able to protect and grow our community with best in class fraud management and dispute resolution tools. You will work with a cross functional team of engineers, data scientists, Payments Compliance and Risk Operations, and Legal to develop the core of our Payments Investigative Tooling products, and then scale globally. You’ll partner closely with the Payments Risk teams to ensure the safety of the payments that flow through Airbnb. If this sounds like an amazing challenge to you, we’d love to meet you!
- 5+ years building payments, Payments Risk or risk related products in a product management role
- Platform product management experience, building products that can be leveraged by a variety of business customers
- Strategic thinker who clearly sees the big picture and helps others connect dots deep into the details to deliver strategic and concrete outcomes for our business and community
- Proven track record of translating customer needs into product features and solutions, delivering delightful and frictionless customer experiences that deliver business results
- Understand the needs of customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
- Exceptional judgment and decision making skills: given limited resources, you are stellar at prioritizing across needs
- Outcome-oriented, not reactionary, and articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- A curious learner who is constantly building their knowledge of emerging and existing financial fraud trends in the industry as well as the latest and greatest technology solutions to combat such fraud trends.
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and influencing skills
- Strong sense of urgency for and commitment to Airbnb’s mission of belonging.
- Prior experience working with Payments Risk including Identity, Transaction Risk
- Fintech experience strongly preferred, experience collaborating with external auditors
- Experience leading complex projects, leveraging Data, Operations, and external vendors
- Technical chops with experience as an engineer, data scientist, analyst, or operations
- Growth mindset that effectively balances the need to protect the community with the need to grow the community
- Global perspective and experience with global payment programs and global teams
- Operations: experience working with operations teams, making smart investments in tools and workflow processes to scale up the team
- Scale - someone who knows how to start small but build big
How we'll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $152,000 and $207,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from